• 4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
• 1 (4 to 4 1/2 pound) chicken, cut in 1/2
• 4 portobello mushrooms, brushed clean and stems removed
• 2 small heads radicchio, halved
• Watercress, to serve
Sprinkle about half teaspoon salt on garlic which is placed on the cutting board. Smash the garlic with the side of the knife so that it becomes a paste and put this into a little bowl. Add parsley, thyme, half cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Marinate chicken in half the marinade while you get the ingredients ready for grilling.
Turn the grill on to medium high. The remaining half of the marinade should be drizzled on to the mushrooms and radishes (cut side) Place these vegetables on the grill away from direct heat and grill till they turn soft. This will take about ten to 15 minutes. Remove them and keep warm.
Grill the marinated chicken on one side for about 15 minutes. Then turn it over and grill on the other side till the pieces are cooked and the juices are running clear. Set this aside.
When you are ready to plate the dish, cut chicken into small cubes, quarter the mushrooms and cut radish into thin wedges. Chop fresh watercress and gently toss it in with the other ingredients. Lastly drizzle some olive oil on top and serve.